As we watch the demonstrators (mobs), with their I-Pods, smart phones, and other devices, on Wall Street and other cities throughout our country you have to wonder what is going on. These people want something for nothing and Obama is standing beside them. Obama is making the most out of the Wall Street salaries that some make. Him and other Democrat lawmakers are degrading and putting down Wall Street executives and other people for their giant salaries.
A organization that investigates government corruption got hold of government papers this week that discloses the liberal salaries and bonuses being paid to federal workers in some agencies such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. (Obama created them both)
These documents were obtained and released as a result of Freedom of Information requests filed on July 12, 2011 with those two agencies by Judicial Watch. The non-partisan group also filed FOIA requests with the Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency U.S. Treasury, and the Securities & Exchange Commission a SF-50 (a form for discloser) and is a human resources form that documents any change in a government worker’s employment situation, including pay. The following reply were received back:
· The CFPB responded on August 4, 2011, the SF-50s revealing CFPB workers being hired at salaries twice the maximum ordinarily allowed under guidelines published each year by the Office of Personnel Management. A dozen new hires take home more than $225,000 a year, and a student intern is currently being paid $42,036. The CFTC responded on September 12, 2011, but blocked out most of the information on the 26 forms provided. (Where is the transparency) The documents, however, did reveal that the agency has put into place a cash award bonus system, (additional benefits and during the first six months of 2011, the agency gave out from $400 to $5,000 in bonuses and other additional benefits to employees who were already earning $225,000 or more per year. Our tax dollars at work!
· The Federal Reserve, responding on August 25, 2011, denied the use of SF-50s, despite an apparent legal requirement to do so. It also refused a subsequent request for “Transcripts of Service,” which the agency said it used instead of SF-50s forms. The OCC come back with the following, the SF-50s form which showed that 85 workers earn $225,000 or more per year. The employee names, as well as the legal authority under which the pay raises were issued, were blotted out.
· The U.S. Department of the Treasury, responding on August 25, 2011, indicated that two employees earn more than $225,000, but withheld their names.
· The SEC responded on October 3, 2011, reporting that 103 workers earn $225,000 or more per year. Judicial Watch filed administrative appeals regarding the withholding of information by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
· “These new salary records are bound to cause controversy. No wonder Washington DC is the wealthiest area of the country and the rest of the country is getting poorer ever day! And the secrecy and concealment surrounding necessary salary information of public employees shows an arrogance and conceit of power and contempt for clearness and simplicity in an administration that promised the very opposite. So much for Obama’s transparency that he promised during his campaign. So we have a man in office that says one thing and does another.