Calderon told an immigration conference; “There are many factors in the violence that is being experienced in some Mexican border cities, but one of those is that the American authorities have gotten into the habit of simply deporting 60 (thousand) or 70,000 migrants per year to cities like Ciudad Juarez or Tijuana,” The right way for Mr. Calderon to have made that statement is to say; The American government deports that many criminals a year who are in the United States illegally and they are from Mexico! They were criminals before they illegally entered the United States.
Among these deportees “there are many who really are criminals, who have committed some crime and it is simply cheaper to leave them on the Mexican side of the border than to prosecute them, as they should do, to see whether they are guilty or not,” Calderon said. “And obviously, they quickly link up with criminal networks on the border.” What Calderon fails to realize or side steps is the fact that we do not want Mexico's criminals no matter what side of the border they are on! If he would really do something about the crime in his country he would solve his own problem.
Calderon also lashed out at what he called “absurd” and “irrational” immigration laws in the United States. He also said, “To the extent to which they continue to put absurd curbs on migration, to the degree to which they continue to persecute migrants in the United States in an irrational way that sometimes violates their human rights, in that measure American society will continue to lose competitiveness…” . Where is this man coming from with that statement? The very reason this country is loosing its competitiveness is the large amount of illegals from Mexico that cross our borders everyday.
Americans are loosing much needed jobs to Illegals from Mexico everyday and then there is the added burden of bringing to trial, housing them in prisons, feeding them, and taking care of their medical problems. Calderon is upset about putting out money to do the same thing when the illegals return to Mexico.
Deportation is a perfectly reasonable solution for illegals, especially if they have committed crimes. Hypocritical Mexico, and their president, has no trouble deporting their criminal illegals from Central America. you never hear anything about that. Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals. Calderon’s citizens come here because corruption has crippled the Mexican economy now and in the past. He’s saying that Americans should subsidize the corruption in this country. America is already broke from subsidizing the democrat corruption in this country.
- Calderon neglected to mention that in 1980′s Mexico had serious prison over crowding issues and they solved it by……dumping prisoners on our border and saying go!
- 70 to 90 percent of the cocaine, 45 percent of heroin, 80 percent of the methamphetamine and virtually all of the marijuana smuggled into the United States comes from across our southern border with Mexico.
- The Violent Crimes Institute estimated that there are 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States, which averages about four victims each. Department of Homeland Security estimates that illegal immigrants molest more than 2,900 children.
- In one report, illegal immigrants were involved in 25% of the fatal traffic accidents. In those accidents, 75% of the drivers had no auto insurance, nearly all of the vehicles driven by migrants were registered to other drivers, and 93% of the vehicles had false out-of-state tags. Resulting costs are unknown.
- There are an estimated 7.1 million illegal students in the USA.
- The costs for children of illegal aliens is about $54.5 billion per year.
- Half of the undocumented aliens who were removed from the United States in fiscal 2010 (which ended on Sept. 30) had been convicted of a previous crime in the United States.
- In fiscal year 2010, ICE set a record for overall removals of illegals, with more than 392,000 removals nationwide, more than 195,000 — were convicted criminals.”
- Given that there are around 2,304,115 inmates in jails in America, an illegal immigrant criminal population of 450,000 translates to 19.5 percent of the prison population.
- Many illegal immigrants enter the U.S. carrying third world diseases. In the last 3 years there have been 9,000 cases of leprosy . TB is epidemic in many illegal communities and a new Multiple-Drug-Resistant (MDR) TB is spreading. Each person infected with TB will infect 10 others. Treating a single case of MDR TB costs between $250,000 and $1,200,000 per person. Resulting costs are unknown.
- Nearly eleven million immigrants came to the United States from 2000 to 2005, more than in any other five-year period in the nation’s history.Over half entered illegally.Since 1986, Congress has passed seven amnesties for illegal immigrants.In 1986, Ronald Reagan signed immigration reform that gave amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants in the country. Hispanic immigrants were among the first victims of the late-2000s recession, but since the recession’s end in June 2009, immigrants posted a net gain of 656,000 jobs. 1.1 million immigrants were granted legal residence in 2009.
- In October 2008, KFYI reported that according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, five million illegal immigrants held fraudulent home mortgages.
- The Center for Immigration Studies testified in a hearing before the House of Representatives that”out of the 48 al-Qaeda operatives who committed crimes here between 1993 and 2001, 12 of them were illegal aliens , seven of them were visa over stayers, including two of the conspirators in the first World Trade Center attack, one of the figures from the New York subway bomb plot, and four of the 9/11 terrorists. In fact, even a couple other terrorists who were not illegal when they committed their crimes had been visa over stayers earlier and had applied for asylum or finagled a fake marriage to launder their status.”
- Obama has stated if the flow of illegals and drugs were stopped the Mexican economy would collapse.
- Mexican cartels provide a package for illegals from outside of Mexico.$15,000 for a birth certificate ,SS number,Mexican name and transport to the best border crossing areas.
- Forty eight percent of illegal immigrants receive at least one social system benefit.