While high profile issues like passage of a healthcare reform bill and cap and trade energy tax are getting front page headlines and top billing by television talking heads, be very wary and careful of the
sneakiness and craftiness in the legislation slowly working its way through Congress to restrict and in the end to do away with gun ownership. If congress passes either of two bills, HR 45 (also known as Blair-Holt Firearm Licensing and Record Sale Act of 2009) and S 1317, would be a unsetting and devastating blow to Second Amendment rights. Take a close look at this bill, S 1317, introduced by Sen. Frank Lautenberg. This bill would give the attorney general the right to block gun sales to people on the terror watch lists. A third bill, HR 2647, contains a companion clause to S 1317 that gives the attorney general the authority to determine who belongs on terrorist watch lists. This sounds okay but who are the terrorists? In Obama world it's not the Islamic-fascists flying airliners into buildings, planting improvised explosive devices (IEDs) or strapping bombs to their waists and setting them off in crowded areas. No, because in Obama world, for the most part, the word terrorism no longer applies to those who were once called terrorists. And those who used to be considered terrorists no longer commit acts of terrorism. No they ( the Islamic fascist) commit man-caused disasters. The word terrorist, at least in its past usage, has been dropped from the word list that we had.
Today's terrorists, according to those now in power in the United States (the Obama crowd), are people in this country who believe the Constitution is sacred, revered, untouchable and that the Second Amendment actually means that people are free to own guns without restriction. Our own country's Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment and evaluation earlier this year warning law enforcement of a possible rise in home-grown terrorism from "right wing extremists." And who are those rightwing extremists? The assessment tell us: "Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements and believers that are for the most part, primarily, hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority completely. It may include groups and individuals that are devoted to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."
Please read these related stories from Personal Liberty.com and Fema Exercises Includes you will see the Obama World administration is no friend to gun owners. This is what is now sneaking in the back door, not out in the open where all can see. What does Eric Holder, the attorney general for the United States and the person who would under S 1317 be granted the authority and power to decide who belongs on terrorist watch groups.
As we already said he is already for gun control to the point that he is already is against gun ownership.
Following are few of his quotes that have appeared in different newspapers over the last few years:
- "As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons."
- "The second amendment does not protect firearms possession or use that is unrelated to participation in a well-regulated militia."
- "To further strengthen the ability of law enforcement officials to track those suspected of terrorism or other criminal acts in this country, Congress should also pass legislation that would give the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms a record of every firearm sale."
Holder's boss, Obama, is equally unfriendly to gun owners. Read this article that gun lobbyist Richard A. Pearson wrote in which he called Obama an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. You can read his article at Gun Digest. Some of Obama's own quotes, as they have appeared in various publications, will back this article up for those liberals that will laugh and send stupid comments for this article:
- "I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry."
- "I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."
- "The package (legislation passed in the Illinois Senate) closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family. We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a void card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased."
is the real reason people control? This administration is bent on taking are guns. Obama wants to control everything as we can already see. He wants to control the banks, car makers, your health care, and do away with your firearms. Our congress is being replaced by Obama's hand pick czars . What is next? We are losing more of our freedoms everyday under this present administration. We cannot sing Christian songs in school anymore but what we can do is sing a song about Obama played to the notes of a Christian song. We need to watch out and be a informed citizen and most of all be sure you cling to your guns and religion. They may soon be all you have. We are fast becoming a socialist (communist) country. The country that our founding fathers wanted will soon not be here for us.